Well, it's 5:20pm and I just got back to my mom's house. Jill has boarded her plane and on her way back to Reno to go spend a week in Tahoe.
Jill and I have had a good but busy 2 days. She got in yesterday at 4:15pm and I made it to Long Beach from Visalia at 4pm. Just in time to pickup Jill from the airport. Came back to my mom's, picked her up and changed and went out to dinner. Then Jill and I went to Manhattan Beach and met up with my 2 girlfriends from Rock-It and had a few drinks and headed home pretty late. (Oh the days of being single and no kids). This morning, we got up late (8:45am) and got ready and went out to Schooner or Later for a great breakfast. Then we came home, picked up Jill's bags and headed out to the OC to see my girlfriend who just had a baby and I got to meet her new lil' girl. From there, we headed to Dr Acacio's office.
We got to Dr Acacio's at about 1:30, soon after, Dr Acacio pulled up and he took us in. The transfer was supposed to happen at about 2:30 and at 2:30 we were still waiting to find out what the status of the embryo's were, etc. As we were sitting there, we got more and more nervous as to what was going on. Was Dr Acacio sitting in his office figuring out how to break the news that none survived. But then, we started thinking positive that he's trying to figure out which are the best ones to implant. Finally we learned that they embryologist was running late and of course we had to wait for her.
Finally at about 2:45, Dr A came in and said that we had 2 GREAT looking embryo's and 1 that was not as good but still good. He felt confident that the 2 would produce a succesful pregnancy but if we wanted to be agressive, he would put 3 in. There was no question - we put 3 embryo's in.
So, at 3:02pm, 3 small lil' embryo's were implanted in me and we couldn't help but smile. Dr Acacio said that there is about a 70-75% chance of success and he feels really confident that we will get a positive pregnancy from this transfer. My uterus looked great, my lining was perfect - and we have 3 fresh embryo's.
I will do my first HCG test on Tuesday, July 29th and then my second one on Thursday, July 31st. I will know that afternoon what kind of results we're looking at.
CROSS THOSE FINGERS & TOES, SAY YOUR PRAYERS and HOPE, HOPE, HOPE!!
Oh, and we did get pictures this time. Jill and I in our hairnets. But you will have to wait. Jill got them all and she's in Tahoe for a week vacation!! Oh the suspense...
Showing posts with label hope. Show all posts
Showing posts with label hope. Show all posts
Saturday, July 19, 2008
Wednesday, July 2, 2008
the plan so far...
So, this time is a bit different since we're doing a fresh cycle. There's no set date for the transfer as it all depends on when Jill's body produces enough follicles to where they will trigger the ovulation to retrieve the eggs. So, I'll tell you what I know as of Wednesday morning, July 2nd...
Jill flies out over the weekend to LA and her first appointment is on Tuesday morning in which she will have an ultrasound. At that point, they will either determine when they will do the retrieval or they will say we need to wait a few days and do another ultrasound to check follicles. Now, when Dr Acacio is happy with what he sees, they will give Jill a shot that will trigger ovulation and 36hrs from the time she receives that shot is when they will retrieve all her lil' eggs. James has his ticket booked to fly in on Thursday to meet Jill and Dr Acacio and make his contribution. (And when I say James flies in on Thursday - it doesn't mean the retrieval will be Thursday).
So, once the retrieval is done, I will know exactly when I have to be down for the transfer. Depending on the amount of eggs that are retrieved, Jill and James have decided to do genetic testing to make sure that these lil' embryo's are good and healthy. Basically, if they have more than 3 embryos, they will do the genetic testing. If there is only 3 or less than 3, they will go ahead and transfer all 3 without doing the genetic testing. Reason being, with genetic testing, there is a chance that one of the embryos could not make it so they'd rather not run that risk. But if there is more than 3, they will do the genentic testing. So as of now, the plan is to transfer 5 day embryo's into me sometime between the 14-18th.
It's coming up quicker than I thought it would and it's a bit insane to think that it's just 2 weeks away. I guess you can say I've been a lil' guarded this time and as I was talking about it last night with some great friends of ours, I realized that I was a lil' naive last time. I know I thought everything was going to work out perfect and we were going to make James and Jill's dream of having a family happen. I guess I just pushed aside the factors against us and was naive. This time, I feel more guarded 'cos it is devastating to learn it didn't work.
My goal here is the same as last time. It was great to talk about it last night again and get that excitement back. I want James and Jill to experience the joy of holding their own child. Gazing into their lil' ones eyes. Hearing them laugh for the first time, hearing them giggle for the first time. All those joys - that's what I want more than anything for James and Jill. I still can't fathom not being able to have my own children and I don't know how Jill has coped with it. I know it hasn't been easy and that's why I just want to see so badly her holding her own child in her arms. I really want this to work this time and I hope the fresh embryos and the chance of transfering more than one will give us a great success rate!!
So, I think that's it for the day. If you would, just keep all of us in prayer over the next 2 weeks. I know we would all appreciate that.
Jill flies out over the weekend to LA and her first appointment is on Tuesday morning in which she will have an ultrasound. At that point, they will either determine when they will do the retrieval or they will say we need to wait a few days and do another ultrasound to check follicles. Now, when Dr Acacio is happy with what he sees, they will give Jill a shot that will trigger ovulation and 36hrs from the time she receives that shot is when they will retrieve all her lil' eggs. James has his ticket booked to fly in on Thursday to meet Jill and Dr Acacio and make his contribution. (And when I say James flies in on Thursday - it doesn't mean the retrieval will be Thursday).
So, once the retrieval is done, I will know exactly when I have to be down for the transfer. Depending on the amount of eggs that are retrieved, Jill and James have decided to do genetic testing to make sure that these lil' embryo's are good and healthy. Basically, if they have more than 3 embryos, they will do the genetic testing. If there is only 3 or less than 3, they will go ahead and transfer all 3 without doing the genetic testing. Reason being, with genetic testing, there is a chance that one of the embryos could not make it so they'd rather not run that risk. But if there is more than 3, they will do the genentic testing. So as of now, the plan is to transfer 5 day embryo's into me sometime between the 14-18th.
It's coming up quicker than I thought it would and it's a bit insane to think that it's just 2 weeks away. I guess you can say I've been a lil' guarded this time and as I was talking about it last night with some great friends of ours, I realized that I was a lil' naive last time. I know I thought everything was going to work out perfect and we were going to make James and Jill's dream of having a family happen. I guess I just pushed aside the factors against us and was naive. This time, I feel more guarded 'cos it is devastating to learn it didn't work.
My goal here is the same as last time. It was great to talk about it last night again and get that excitement back. I want James and Jill to experience the joy of holding their own child. Gazing into their lil' ones eyes. Hearing them laugh for the first time, hearing them giggle for the first time. All those joys - that's what I want more than anything for James and Jill. I still can't fathom not being able to have my own children and I don't know how Jill has coped with it. I know it hasn't been easy and that's why I just want to see so badly her holding her own child in her arms. I really want this to work this time and I hope the fresh embryos and the chance of transfering more than one will give us a great success rate!!
So, I think that's it for the day. If you would, just keep all of us in prayer over the next 2 weeks. I know we would all appreciate that.
Subscribe to:
Posts (Atom)