Monday, February 4, 2008

the drugs are coming...

...this kind of scares me. Actually it really scares me. But I know it won't be that bad. It's just the anticipation that they are coming. The pharmacy called this afternoon to confirm my delivery address and to see when I wanted them. So, they'll be here tomorrow. I'll feel like a drug dealer 'cos Jill says it's pretty overwhelming when you first open the box but it's not that bad. I'm really learning to lean on Jill for support 'cos she's been through this all herself. She says the shots aren't that bad and I'm really believing her. I have to!

Jill's also arranged for Teresa to bring her nurse friend Linda over on Thursday to teach me how to inject myself since I don't want to drive down to LA to learn. Linda taught Jill I guess and says she's really great. So, I'm looking forward to meeting Teresa and Linda. I'll update you all on Thursday to let you know how scared I really am. LOL. And I'll try to post pictures tomorrow of my "box o' fun" containing sharp, pokey needles tomorrow.

I also talked to my "council" today about the contract. Man, all this law lingo makes my brain hurt. All I want to do is help James and Jill out but because of the surrogacy, you have to jump through a lot of hoops. It's all good but it gets a bit tedious. The good thing is, my "council" (I use parenthesis just 'cos I don't know exactly what she is to me) is great. She's very kind and has actually gone through about 17 IVF treatments and finally had her cousin be her surrogate. So, she encouraged me about all the shots and reaffirmed what I was doing was a wonderful thing. She's got a sense of humor too and I like that.

I give my first injection on Saturday morning. It's of the Lupron. Jill says it's a small diabetic needle and I can give it to myself in either the stomach or the thigh. The funny thing is, we'll be up in Rocklin visiting our friends Kevin and Jen. Jen will be my support and I'm sure we'll get a good laugh at it all. The boys will be off snowboarding. So, Jen will have to hold my hand through it all. James and Jill are going to head to Rocklin Saturday night to hang out. So, it'll be a good weekend of catching up with everyone. Funny thing about this whole thing on Saturday night - I forgot to tell Jen that I invited James and Jill over. As I was typing this - I realized I hadn't told Jen about this plan yet. Luckily Jen is such a great sport and thought it was a great idea and would have invited them herself had she known the plans...lol. (SORRY JEN). We'll post some pictures of our party. And hopefully then, you can get an idea who we are, who James and Jill are and a bonus - Kevin and Jen. Oh, and all the cute stinkin' kids.

Well, that's my story for the day - I'll show you the needles tomorrow...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You forgot to mention you start the injections on SATURDAY! O my gosh...I am the worst with needles. Can I hold your hand and still not look? I am really looking forward to seeing everyone this weekend. YAHHH

bloomers shoppe said...

oh my goodness ouch. I can't believe you start them this weekend. I think you deserve to be the one snowboarding...what the heck?!