Tuesday, June 3, 2008

it's getting closer...

Sorry for the slack on my part in keeping everyone updated. There's really nothing new except that Jill and I are patiently waiting for everything to start. I can't remember when Jill starts her meds but we're both on Birth Control Pills for right now. As some of you remember, I do not do well on BCP's. I'm trying a different one this round and for right now, I think I'm okay. I've noticed I get a lil' funky sometimes in the evening but it hasn't been as bad as last time. And according to my calendar, I have to take it till the 18th. I start my Lupron injections on the 14th (those are the small belly shots that use a diabetic needle.) Pretty quick...pretty painless. Both Jill and I have baseline ultrasounds on the 23rd.

I got all my meds in the mail the other day. It's still overwhelming pulling out packs and packs of needles and lil' vials of drugs. I feel like some closet junky a lil' bit.

As far as emotions go, life has been pretty hectic for us so I haven't really had time to process everything again. I feel like since I know what the next few weeks are going to be like, maybe I'll just try to process all the emotions as I go. I think for now, I'm obviously more pessimistic than I was last time. I guess I just want to guard myself a lil' more 'cos I was 100% sure it was going to work last time. I know this time, we will have more going for us...freshies especially...and more than one. So, I know I'll probably be more optimistic but right now, I feel a lil' guarded.

Alright - I'm signing off for now. I think I'm going to go next door and yell at the dang dog that's been barking non-stop all morning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well my dear sweet friend....it is almost time! I hope that the bcp's work out a little better. Remember the bigger picture...a baby for the Alcorn's. If you need anything I am here! love you

Anonymous said...

I've been waiting for this update! I'm glad to hear everything is coming together and that you're getting closer to the next big day :)