Wednesday, June 11, 2008

the 14th is coming...

I can't believe the 14th is almost already here. I can't wait to start the injections again on Saturday (hint of sarcasm there). Actually, those ones don't bother me all that much. It's the mind over matter game with those ones. Most of you might remember that those are the ones that on some mornings would take me over half an hour to do. It's not that they hurt. It was the fact that I had to jab myself with a needle that got me. I mean, I pluck my eyebrows. And you know when you get one of those thick, stubborn hairs that hurt and make your eyes water...well, the shots don't even hurt that bad. It's just the fact that I have to jab myself.

It's the progesterone and E2V shots that hurt more. And when I say hurt, I more so mean, they don't tickle.

This lil' bit is for Jill but you can be nosy if you want.

Jill, last night, we went to Tahoe Joe's with some friends to do $1.99 appetizers for happy hour. Talk about being in heaven. Railroad shrimp, onion straws, hamburgers, all the deep fried goodness you can imagine for $1.99. There were six of us and I think we got about 14 appetizers and just sat them on the table and chowed down. $30 ain't bad for all that food. LOL. Okay, well that wasn't the point of the story. We were sitting there trying to figure out what to do next since Happy Hour was over and I brought up Acequia on Main and their famous bread pudding. So, we all got in our cars and drove downtown for the famous dessert (all my idea). We got there and were sad to learn that not only do they not make that dessert anymore, the previous owner quit. Upped and left one day in January and closed his doors. No more flat iron steaks and no more bread pudding. We were all really sad but the $2.50 draft beers they serve all day/every day somewhat made up for it. And they had a pretty good tiramisu. But I was sad. And wanted to tell you. I don't think Acequia on Main will ever be what it was. So, just in case you come to town soon and want to go out for a good meal...don't go to Acequia on Main 'cos it just ain't the same.

Anyway - that's the news on this front. Still nothing exciting. I'll let you know how Saturday goes and if I still have my skills at jabbing my belly.

No comments: