Saturday, July 19, 2008

...and now the wait!!!

Well, it's 5:20pm and I just got back to my mom's house. Jill has boarded her plane and on her way back to Reno to go spend a week in Tahoe.

Jill and I have had a good but busy 2 days. She got in yesterday at 4:15pm and I made it to Long Beach from Visalia at 4pm. Just in time to pickup Jill from the airport. Came back to my mom's, picked her up and changed and went out to dinner. Then Jill and I went to Manhattan Beach and met up with my 2 girlfriends from Rock-It and had a few drinks and headed home pretty late. (Oh the days of being single and no kids). This morning, we got up late (8:45am) and got ready and went out to Schooner or Later for a great breakfast. Then we came home, picked up Jill's bags and headed out to the OC to see my girlfriend who just had a baby and I got to meet her new lil' girl. From there, we headed to Dr Acacio's office.

We got to Dr Acacio's at about 1:30, soon after, Dr Acacio pulled up and he took us in. The transfer was supposed to happen at about 2:30 and at 2:30 we were still waiting to find out what the status of the embryo's were, etc. As we were sitting there, we got more and more nervous as to what was going on. Was Dr Acacio sitting in his office figuring out how to break the news that none survived. But then, we started thinking positive that he's trying to figure out which are the best ones to implant. Finally we learned that they embryologist was running late and of course we had to wait for her.

Finally at about 2:45, Dr A came in and said that we had 2 GREAT looking embryo's and 1 that was not as good but still good. He felt confident that the 2 would produce a succesful pregnancy but if we wanted to be agressive, he would put 3 in. There was no question - we put 3 embryo's in.

So, at 3:02pm, 3 small lil' embryo's were implanted in me and we couldn't help but smile. Dr Acacio said that there is about a 70-75% chance of success and he feels really confident that we will get a positive pregnancy from this transfer. My uterus looked great, my lining was perfect - and we have 3 fresh embryo's.

I will do my first HCG test on Tuesday, July 29th and then my second one on Thursday, July 31st. I will know that afternoon what kind of results we're looking at.

CROSS THOSE FINGERS & TOES, SAY YOUR PRAYERS and HOPE, HOPE, HOPE!!

Oh, and we did get pictures this time. Jill and I in our hairnets. But you will have to wait. Jill got them all and she's in Tahoe for a week vacation!! Oh the suspense...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Zann! I had no idea you were doing this again! Best of luck, sounds positive. My poor SIL would only ever get 2-3 eggs, 1 fertilizing. So I'm really hoping this works, it sounds very hopeful!! Come on little embryos!!!

Anonymous said...

OOHHH I can not wait to hear about the ++'s that you will be getting soon!! I am soo exctied for you guys. I hope you had a safe drive home and I will call later this week to see how you are!! WOOHOO, come on babies grow, grow, grow!!

Anonymous said...

Yah! I am so happy everything is looking really good this time. I can't wait to get the results! It is so exciting!!

Anonymous said...

So have you any news?????