Friday, July 25, 2008

6 days post transfer...

Alright - 6 days down...6 to go!

This week has flown by and I can't believe it. It's been a lot easier this time to wait. Don't know what it is but it is. Maybe it's something to do with it being on a weekend. Who knows - whatever it is - I like it. I go in next Tuesday for the 1st HCG test with the 2nd one being on Thursday and then we should know Thursday afternoon. I think they called Jill about 3:30-4pm last time with the news.

Now, I don't know why I'm typing this 'cos I'm really trying to not get my hopes up or anything but I want you guys to know so you can keep praying. But we had friends over on Wed night for dinner and we made fish tacos (thanks to Jill giving me the idea) and we were making guacamole. The avocados were a lil' over ripe - much so that I thought they might be bad. Everyone smelled them and thought they were okay but to me, they smelled like cake that had sat out too long and had spoiled. I really couldn't eat it 'cos it just smelled funk to me. Then last night, me and the boys were playing on the couch and Scotty was prepping his ribs that he's smoking today (yummy!!) and I started smelling something funky again. I stared checking Spencer's diaper and asking Sebastien if he farted but it just stunk. Finally, I asked Scotty - is that the ribs that stink. He smelled them...said "yep, it smells like a butcher shop." Smelled normal to him but to me, I was disgusted...even left the house and took the boys for a walk/bike ride (not me on the bike) over to his moms house to get a shot. We were talking and I made mention of the ribs stinking about the house and she looks at me and goes "Zann, you're pregnant." Then it was like a lightbulb - sensitive to smells = sign of pregnancy. So, I told her about the night before about the avocados and she got excited. I came home and told Scotty and he just got a big smile on his face.

Now, I'm not trying to read into but I think having hope doesn't hurt! So, keep praying everyone!!

4 comments:

Deena said...

Well that definitely sounds positive Zann, I am totally praying for you guys!!

Deene Souza Photography said...

Oh wow! That is a sign!!!!!

Anonymous said...

YEAH!! I really hope it works!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, I can't believe you got your first "symptom"! That is so exciting and I am hoping for a BFP on Tuesday!!