Thursday, July 10, 2008

the update...

So, we had a VERY long weekend with the 4th of July holiday and Scotty's birthday. It was a good time to be had by all. Unfortunately, the long weekend robbed me of my memory. I had a crazy morning with work (a shipment didn't reach it's final destination as planned and I had a pissed off customer) and at 11:21am, I looked at my computer and the lil' BRITE PINK Post-It note stared back at me :

ULTRASOUND / MONDAY MORNING 10:30am - Bakersfield

I panicked! I called Dr A's office and told Kim what happened but as soon as I got on the phone with her, I realized I needed to have bloodwork done too. And I needed to get to the lab by 11:30am so I could get results same day! Holy snikes I felt horrible. I hopped in the car and made it to the lab in 2.2 seconds - no joke. I had my blood drawn and was on my way back home by 11:34am. No joke. Seriously - I have no idea how that happened but I LOVE SMALL TOWNS. I did have to make the lab's courier wait about 2 minutes but it wasn't that bad. Thankfully I had made friends (well, you know...been friendly the last time I was there) with the lab tech so she was willing to help me out. Once I got the bloodwork, I had the # for the U/S office in Bakersfield and I called them. Rescheduled for Tuesday at 2pm. I wasn't going to forget this time.

Jill had her U/S first on Tuesday and she called and left a couple messages for me. (My phone died) and we got great news. She had 20 follicles which means she's going to have plenty of eggs. Dr A was happy with what he saw and they scheduled her second U/S for Thursday.

My U/S came back good. My lining is nice and thick and my bloodwork came back with my estradiol level at 416 I believe. So, Sylvia said it was good and all was going as planned.

It's now Thursday and Jill's second U/S was scheduled for this morning and I've yet to hear from her. I know James is flying in today/tonight to do his part and from what I understood yesterday, they would trigger Jill on Friday and then they'd retrieve from her on Sunday. Which puts us at a transfer next Friday!

CRAZY! Next Friday right now is the day.

I asked Jill about the genetic testing and for those of you curious :

The PGD testing (genetic) is only on the viable looking embryos - and we have to produce enough to make it worthwhile. So if we only have 3 grade A types or however they grade it, he will not recommend it. But if we have 8 or 9 or so, it'll be worth it to have the lab do the testing. The test only looks at half the chromosomes though so we can rule out a bad embryo but not necessarily prove it to be a perfect one.

I know that kind of helped me understand it and how evasive the testing is. I'm really looking forward to this transfer. I think there's a lot of hope to be had!!

No comments: