Friday, January 25, 2008

Nice segway Zann...

Well, since Zann gave me a nice little intro in her last post, I thought it was a good time to hop on and write a bit. This is my first blog, by the way, so I hope I'm doing this right! Greeting from chilly Reno!

First, thanks to Zann and Scott for coming up with this great blog idea. So many of my family and friends have enjoyed reading it (okay, half of them said they cried!) and all are looking forward to the story unfolding. James and I are just so thrilled and feel so blessed to have such an amazing couple offer to do this. This little baby will be so loved. I think right now is the hardest part which is getting the ball rolling. Zann has been so patient in helping me sift through the red tape required to move forward. Hopefully, in just a few weeks, she'll be complaining to me about injections and I'll be promising a killer spa day when it's over! Seriously though, for anyone who hasn't gone through IVF, it's a real commitment and I'm still amazed at her generousity.

For those of you who we haven't met, I think Zann filled you in on most of our backstory. We have been trying for a family for three years now and have done 4 rounds of IVF. After a surgery in 2004, my body developed excessive scar tissue and that, combined with some nasty elevated natural killer cells, left me an inhospitable host! (Friends reference if anyone remembers) Anyway, enough about that boring stuff. We are so excited to start this new adventure with the help of Zann and Scott -- and look forward to sharing it with all of you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jill! I'm Cassie, and Zann and I are both members of a parenting message board for our "Marchmallows." I'm really excited to "watch" this whole process unfold. Bring on those injections!! ;)