Wednesday, February 20, 2008

E2V #1...mission completed!

I did it. The first E2V shot in the butt was a success.

Mara, Scotty, Carolyn (my mother in law) and even Sebastien were all there to witness it. Mara is a nurse who works 2 full time jobs as a nurse with both special needs adults and at a convalescent home. She's amazing and I don't know how she does it or how she has time to come over and give me shots in the butt. But she did and I'm grateful. THANKS MARA!

Carolyn and Scotty watched Mara get everything ready. I pulled out the 18g needle to show Scotty and he didn't say much. But a few minutes later, his mom looked over at him and went "wow" and so I looked too. Scotty was pale or even a light shade of yellow. He looked like he was about to pass out. The poor guy can't stand needles. So, he apologized and said "I'm sorry babe - I just can't do it." I told him to go ahead and get out of the kitchen and I totally understood. At this point, I was ready to go grab the bottle of vodka and take a shot of it. I was getting pretty nervous myself. So, Mara got everything ready and Carolyn looked so excited. Mara told me to go lay down on the couch and pull my pants down. (Kind of funny to hear your good friend say). So I laid down and Sebastien was really interested in all that was going on too so he sat on the couch watching me. Mara starting showing Carolyn where to do the shot, how to measure from my hip bone and all that stuff. Scotty started to emerge from the back of the house and offered to take Sebastien away but Sebastien wanted to stay and watch. So Scotty migrated over to the couch to kind of see what was going on. And then that was it - Mara counted to 3, I covered my eyes and nothing. I didn't feel it. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! So nice. I felt it a lil' on the way out but it wasn't bad...at all.

The funniest part was after she was done - Carolyn wanted a go at it. She said "that's it...I don't get to do one." I told her Friday night was all hers. I think Mara will come over again just to supervise. But at this point, I think it'll be Mara and Carolyn doing the shots. I totally understand where Scotty's coming from. I couldn't imagine giving a shot to anyone else either.

A funny thing to mention, which Mara brought up last night. Scotty and I are both somewhat afraid of needles but both of us have multiple tattoos. He's got 4 tattoos, 3 of the 4 were pretty extensive tattoos too - including his whole back piece that's still in progress. And I have 6 tattoos. So, we can subject ourselves to hours of pain with 3 small needles piercing the skin over and over and over but yet a lil' injection scares us. How weird, huh?

Thank you Mara for my shot in the bum! Thanks to Carolyn for being so willing to do this and I can't wait till Friday. And baby - thanks for trying. I love you.

Edited to say - my butt's tender! LOL.

1 comment:

bloomers shoppe said...

You are so tough. I would be in the other room with Scotty...can't hang. And I am glad Mara said that about the tatoos because I was thinking the SAME EXACT THING!!! Can we say OXYMORON?!