Monday, February 18, 2008

E2V's...here we come!

So tomorrow is the day. I start the E2V injections tomorrow night. I'm not too excited about them but it has to be done. And I've been asking, and re-asking people about the shots. I've made Jill tell me over and over that they're not that bad. I've made Mara tell me over and over that the butt is the best spot to get the shots. And another girl that is going through a surrogacy has assured me that they aren't that bad. I'm really taking everyone's word on this. I hope everyone is being honest.

The Lupron injections have been going alright. Some days are good, some days are harder. I think I've had 3 injections that have hurt. But when I say hurt, it's not any worse then plucking one of those finicky eyebrow hairs. But the fact that I have a needle in my hand and I have to poke myself with it - I really have to talk myself up on some days. For instance, this morning I texted Mara and told her I couldn't do it after standing at the kitchen counter for over 5 minutes with my shirt up, shot out, aiming at the invisible target (2" from the belly button). She called me immediately and said "MARCH IN THERE AND DO IT." I still couldn't. I would leave the shot in the kitchen, go do some work, come back and look at the shot, try to do it, give up and walk away. It was a horrible pattern for almost 30 minutes today. I know it doesn't hurt...but I just can't do it some days. So, on the last walk of shame to the kitchen, I said a lil' prayer, grabbed the syringe and went for it. Did I feel it...? Absolutely not!

Uggh...the mind over matter thing...I just can't do it. I thought in the begininning that I'd be able to do my own E2V and progesterone injections but I don't think I can.

My lovely friend Mara is coming over tomorrow night to help with the first E2V and show Scotty and possibly Carolyn how to do them. I think she'll be the first one to actually do it. Maybe I'll grab some pictures of the event tomorrow night.

I had the baseline U/S today and had some bloodwork done. (Again, weird that I can handle getting bloodwork done but I'm dreading a needle in the butt tomorrow night...I don't understand either). I'm sure everything was fine...the U/S tech said everything looked great. I have to say that I'm still amazed about the whole science behind the surrogacy. Dr Acacio gets all his patients on the same cycle so he can do all the transfers at the same time. And then gives us all these drugs to prep our bodies for the transfer. Ahh, it just blows me away. Oh, something fun - I was in the lab getting bloodwork and I was discussing payment with them and they asked who my Dr was. I said Dr Acacio and there was another lady in their doing bloodwork and she spoke up and said "You're the other one." Her and I were both patients of Dr Acacio and are on the same cycle and I guess the office told her that there were 2 patients of Dr Acacio on today. She's on here 3rd try for IVF, first time with Dr Acacio and has high hopes that he's going to be the Doc to make this happen. So, I have the feeling I might see her down South in March for the transfer!!! I hope so!!!

Alright - my battery is about to die so I'm gonna wrap it up for the night. Wish me luck, think happy, painless thoughts for me tomorrow night. And I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments: