Monday, February 11, 2008

i did it...i did it...

The first one was Saturday morning and the boys were snowboarding and Jen and I got all 4 kids to play nicely for a few minutes. I pulled my lil' box out of the freezer and when I told Jen I was going to to do it in the bathroom, she said no way. (I wanted to do it in the bathroom in case I cried). She wanted to be there for me. So, I pulled up my shirt, nasty stretchmarks and all and went for it. I jabbed it in pretty fast and low and behold, I felt NOTHING. Absolutely nothing. I couldn't believe it. I pulled out the needle very excited and I think I gave Jen a high five and I had a huge smile on my face. I couldn't believe I had just given myself my very own shot!!!

So, Sunday morning I woke up and I wasn't dreading the shot at all. But low and behold, I didn't jab myself very fast and it actually hurt a lil' and even bled a lil'. I was a bit sad that it hurt. But I figured, tomorrow's another day and I'll just have to try again.

That leads me to today. Since I have to keep the Lupron refrigerated, I was in the kitchen and I decided to make myself some toast and get my syringe ready. I was going to use my toast as my distraction and my lil' reward. LOL. So, I had the syringe ready and I swabbed down my tummy with the alcohol wipe and waited for it to dry. I cringed a lil' thinking about yesterday's not so good shot and decided just to jab it in fast. I did it...it didn't hurt. I was so relieved. I enjoyed my toast as my treat and was proud yet again. 3 shots down...many more to come.

The trick is - JAB IT IN FAST! Just go for it. That's the way it's going to work for me.

And since James and Jill didn't make it up to Rocklin, we only got tons of pictures of the kids. Sorry...

No comments: