Sunday, February 10, 2008

What a trooper!!!!

Okay, I'm finally catching up on my blog reading after being out (and I mean OUT) sick all week. I feel so horrible - yet so thankful that these needles have not scared Zann off quite yet! Boy, I've done it four times, so I know the overwhelming feeling she has, but it has to be different when you're doing it for someone else. She really is amazing for doing this (can I ever say that enough??). I spoke with her yesterday and she survived the first injection!! The Lupron ones really aren't bad, as far as shots go. And the others, while certainly not a day at the park, are not terrible once you get the hang of it. But the learning process is intimidating -- I'm glad Zann has a great sense of humor about all of this. I do want to say thanks again - in case they're reading - to Nurse Linda and my step-mom Teresa for helping teach Zann. I know they'll be there for her as she progresses to the next ones too.

Unfortunately, we should be in Rocklin this morning making breakfast with everyone, but because of my flu, we decided to stay away. Don't want to risk giving anyone this horrible bug! I'm hoping Zann partied a bit last night (Kev, did you make Cosmos?!). I want her to have lots of fun before that transfer just in case we get lucky and make a baby. And would someone please take her snowboarding?!!!! She's been dying to go since I met her and we have yet to help her make it happen. I really want her to enjoy a few runs asap, in hopes that she'll be on hiatus this spring.

Okay, that's it for me. I feel a bit helpless in the process right now, but I know Zann is carefully following her calendar, taking her shots and vitamins, etc. So keep up the good work girl!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yep, Jill Kevin made the cosoms. They were yum yum. I just wish I lived closer to Zann. She really is the best. I am so happy for everyone!