Wednesday, March 26, 2008

the big day...

It's here - the moment we've all been waiting for.

Poor Jill emailed me right as I was on the way out of the lab and all it said was :

"LONGEST DAY EVER...HAVEN'T SLEPT IN 2 DAYS."

I know the feeling. Last night, I had a hard time sleeping. I stayed up a lil' too late just thinking about the whole thing and then this morning, laid in bed for a long time while the boys just played. Part of me wanted to face the day in hopes that all goes as planned and my body has accepted the lil' embryo and is making a nice comfty home. And the other part of me just wants to hide in fear that something didn't go right. But I did it. I got myself out of bed, got the kids ready and dropped them off at daycare and headed to the lab. The lady recognized me as it was my 4th time in there and I was able to share with her what I was doing. So, she knew that I was coming in today for the 2nd beta test and could tell I was nervous. She made sure to tell me that the courier would be there at 11am to pick up the blood draws and they would alert the Dr's office this afternoon.

After I got Jill's email, I decided to just call her at work. Poor thing is so nervous. We talked for a few minutes and we'll talk later this afternoon once we get the results...

PRAY, FAST, HOPE, SAY SOME "HAIL MARY'S," CROSS YOUR FINGERS, WHATEVER YOU DO FOR LUCK THAT THIS WORKED!!!!

We need an Alcorn baby!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh hun, I am doing all of the above for you, and for Jill! I can't even image what you two are going through right now. My thoughts and prayers are with you both today, and I want to know as soon as you do! Or at least, right after Jill knows!! ;)

starbubbs said...

Thanks Cassie! I know my stomach is in knots right now. I have no idea what time the phone call is coming but geez...it's nervewrecking!!

Anonymous said...

praying, praying, praying.
Love, Mark and Julie

Anonymous said...

I keep checking for an update. Please, please, please work