Wednesday, March 5, 2008

a week from tomorrow...

Can you believe it? A week from tomorrow is the transfer date! I'm absolutely amazed that time has flown by so quickly and the date is right around the corner. I think Jill and I are both getting really anxious and are really excited to see how it pans out.

I think I mentioned before that Jill's going to fly in on the morning of the transfer and we'll meet up and just hang out till we have to be there. Her and I will go and say hi to the lil' embyro and wish it luck and then they'll do the transfer. I have to stay there for an hour or two after the transfer and then Jill and I will come back to my mom's house and have a slumber party while I am on complete bedrest for the next 2 days. Jill will fly back on Friday morning to meet up with James and move into their new house (yippee). My mom's going to help watch the boys those 2 days and then on Saturday, my mom will drive me back up to Visalia and help me out the rest of the weekend with my limited activity.

I'm excited and anxious about next week. I am thinking really positive about it and just praying that all is well. I've had to do a lot of bloodwork over the last couple of weeks. I went in for another U/S yesterday in Bakersfield. My estradiol level is in the high 300's (up from the last draw) but it needs to be up in the 800's. Dr Acacio is confident that increasing my dosage of the E2V for the next week will help me get to where I need to be. And the U/S yesterday confirmed that my lining is perfect. So, I'm excited to see this all pan out.

I can't remember if I posted this in the last one but I asked Jill a funny question - I wonder who they are going to tell first that the pregnancy stuck? It's Jill's baby...but I'm the one that's pregnant. Funny to think about. And for all those wondering - I thought I could take a HPT (home pregnancy test) to find out myself but they ask you not to take them. I guess your body is all out of whack with all the horomones that they are not accurate at all. They will do bloodwork 11-12 days after the transfer to find out if it stuck. They test my HCG levels and they have to double pretty much with every test. That's how we'll know.

Oh, I'm excited too - the day before Easter (I almost typed Thanksgiving...what am I thinking?), Scotty, myself and the boys have been invited to Jill's families Easter festivities. I'm really excited to meet everyone and I guess everyone is excited to meet us too. I think it'll be a blast.

Anyway - I guess that's it for now. Oh, I start the nightly injections of progesterone on the 8th which I think is Saturday night. And I'm not too stressed about them. The shots have been fine and I think I'm finally over my fear of needles. I even watched the lady draw my blood on Monday - usually I can't look. Maybe I'll finally make that dentist appointment that I've been so afraid of for the last ____ years (I'm too ashamed to tell you how long it's been).

3 comments:

bloomers shoppe said...

I cannot BELIEVE it is already here!! That is amazing and I am so excited! :) yay, yay, yay! And you are naughty not going to the dentist... :)

Kat said...

I must say it's been torture waiting for this blog... you should never keep your readers waiting so long again!

I am praying for those babies!!!

I can't wait!

Deene Souza Photography said...

WOW! That time went by fast! For everyone's emotional health, I hope for a safe and successful transfer. Hang in there!