Friday, August 1, 2008

...ok, now I can admit

I have to admit to all you guys on here (some already know 'cos of course I can't keep my big mouth shut) but I lived with a lil' secret since last Friday - 6 days post transfer.

I started taking home pregnancy tests last Friday and last Friday I had my first positive. I was on cloud 9. I was such in shock and so wanted to make sure that I wasn't seeing things that I took the test over to my friend Kasey's house just to make sure she saw what I was seeing too. She saw it too. So, what did I do? Yep, I went out and bought more pregnancy tests. About 5 more just to show you how obsessive I was (or am). I took a pregnancy test every day till Tuesday and every day they got darker and darker.

I had to keep that secret from Jill and it was the hardest. Of course, I was completely paranoid that it could just be HCG in my system from all the horomones but as each day went by and the lines got darker and darker, I started to feel more positive. And then when I got the first results on Tuesday, it confirmed that pregnancy tests don't lie (or at least all that often).

I think most of you know that Jill didn't want to know anything until the final beta test on Thursday. She had a crazy work week with a project due on Friday and didn't want to be distracted with bad news on Tuesday if my numbers were low or non-existent. Well, when Sylvia called me on Tuesday to tell me my first number was 100, she said that Dr Acacio was not going to pass up the opportunity to call Jill and tell her the amazing news. So, I waited an anxious filled hour with the biggest smile on my face, waiting for Jill to call me. I couldn't stand it after a while so I called Dr Acacio's office and asked Sylvia, "Has Dr A called Jill yet?" And she said he was on the phone with her right now and then about 10 seconds later goes "Ok, he just told her. Give her 5 minutes and I'm sure she'll be calling you. So, I waited for what seemed like ages and finally she called. We were both thrilled. Couldn't believe what amazing news it was. But we decided to keep the news on the downlow until we got Thursdays results!

So, now we wait. I'm supposed to get my calendar today of what happens next, etc. I think the next step is the first ultrasound at about 6 weeks if I can make it down South to Dr Acacio's office. Don't know when/if that'll happen yet but if it does, you guys will know. Jill wants to be there for that one and boy oh boy, I don't blame her! How exciting.

Anyway - thanks for all the well wishes and I'm sorry I had to keep you all in suspense yesterday - Jill and I were dying ourselves!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yippy! I can't wait for the u/s pics. =)

Anyone taking bets on how many beans you got in there??

Cara2178

Unknown said...

I love reading this.....you are such a blessing Zann. Jay

Anonymous said...

I agree, Jay - Zann is such a blessing (and Scotty too!). James and I couldn't be more excited (and nervous)!!

Anonymous said...

Ultrasound pics are gonna be awesome! I can't wait to see! Jill, you need to start that baby book!